1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch?
Chicken and veggie curry. I know, sounds exotic, but it really is so easy. I just saute onions in butter, add curry and then chicken, veggies and sometimes even coconut milk, serve over rice and ....super delicious!!!
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.)
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting?
Lake George, NY - my grandparents had property right on the lake and we would visit as often as we could. My grandparents are now gone but the property is still in the family. I would love to go again!
4. Share one factoid of your family's history.
My great-great-great-great-grandmother Anne Hamilton was given a verse by God as a promise for our family. It is Isaiah 59:21 "As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.
Since that time, we have had generations upon generations of men and women that love and serve the Lord faithfully. My great-grandparents were missionaries in Korea. My grandparents were missionaries in Kenya. My parents are missionaries still in South Africa.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
....used to get sleep.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I love 'funky' quilts!
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
If I didn't care about nutrition, I would say McDonald's french fries- they taste so good to me. Is there a pill I can take to make them not taste so good? But since I do care about what goes into my body, I'd probably buy an apple.
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
my husband. I love that man!
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal?
Go running - get out the door! My personal goal is to get physically fit like I was when I got married.
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
My favorite thing to do is to send notes of encouragement and blessing.
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon?
My son sleeping through the night. I feel like we are on the cusp of him being able to do this. Have I mentioned how sleep-deprived I am?