Friday, February 13, 2009

Starting a quilt

Quilt Block OneI started on my quilt this week. I've never done one before and actually never wanted to make quilts until recently. I had in my mind that quilts only looked a certain way and I wasn't a huge fan. And then my friend Bev, showed me quilts from magazines that were not your grandmother's quilts. Bev let me borrow the pattern which I am now using. At first, I was going to try to do just a small one but then Paul wanted one for our bed...so my quilt grew. My quilt is browns and oranges...the main blocks are african in print. The one I finished today was the african mask...I need to do 4 more like this one. Each block is 18 inches wide so it's quite a large block.

Who would have thought that I would have become this interested and consumed with quilting? I am already imagining my next one....one at a time...right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment