Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quilt top nearly finished

img_2043Today I was able to finish the blocks and get them all sewed together. The quilt top is finished except for the border that I will put around it. I need something for the inside border but then the outside border will be a thin strip of the red/orange material. I am thinking that I will make this into a duvet cover instead of a traditional quilt since I already have a duvet. By the way, I think I am now addicted to making quilts. It is so much fun to see the fabrics come together!

One thing that I was surprised to learn about making quilts is that they are pretty forgiving with mistakes. I am not so much of a detailed person when it comes to crafts, cooking, etc so this was a lot of fun and hid my mini-failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment