Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Grandma Sinclair

This is Grandma Sinclair! She passed away last Friday morning. Yes, she has been ill for quite a bit but it was still a surprise as it was very sudden. Apparently, the doctor went in to tell her that they were taking her in for a brain scan and five minutes later, they came back and she was gone. I think that is what makes me the saddest right now...she was all alone when she died.

I honestly didn't know my Grandmother very well. She kept to herself most of the time and didn't share much. It was only in recent years (like the past two) that I felt closer to her. I believe that she really did care and love for us but maybe didn't know how to show us that. When we lived in Springfield, IL last year, we were able to visit several times and I was pleasantly surprised by the interest she showed in my life and in the lives of my family.
The picture above is of my Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Carolyn and Mom.

The one below is of 4 generations. My great-grandma, grandma, my mom and myself.
And so, we are off to a funeral. I'm packing and trying to remember to get everything together for the next couple of days. I haven't processed yet the fact that my grandmother is gone. Perhaps I will in the middle of the funeral service.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I am very sorry Sarah for your loss. Of course, "sorry" never really cuts it and for that I can only offer lots of prayers for you & yours. In my experience, it takes more than a few days to truly comprehend the loss. Maybe even longer.

    I have a few memories of your grandma. I remember her visits to Pulaski and her sitting at the dinner table with us. She was always quiet and serious but when she did speak it was always sweet.

    Another thing I have learned that even if someone is no longer here does not mean you will not still get to know them better. I'm sure in the next couple of weeks or months you will hear stories and memories. My advice is to write some of them down.

    ReplyDelete