Monday, November 10, 2008

Cruel and unusual punishment is

. . .watching your daughter get shots. Today Abby had her 6 month check-up. All is well and she is growing right along the curve. She weighed in at 12 pounds, 12 ounces and her length was 24 inches. She was all smiles until the end. The nurse came in to give the shots and this time asked me to hold down Abby’s hands. Now that’s CRUEL! Abby looked at me with such a confounded expression like “how could you do this to me?” She’s been quite fussy all afternoon and actually sleeping a lot! I pray that she is able to sleep well tonight.

One thing that bothered me was that they popped the question of do I want to give a flu shot to Abby? I am a bit leery of flu shots in general let alone in such a little girl. I asked if there were side effects, etc but nothing out of the ordinary. I wish I had had time to check it out myself. I found out that there is mercury in a lot of the flu shots out there and that is what is bad for little ones. But just as in the past, I can not panic. God is in control and faithful with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment