Saturday, March 5, 2011

Homemade Poptarts

A couple of days I ago, I attempted homemade poptarts.   What a great idea!   I made the dough (which was super easy) and then rolled it out, put homemade raspberry jam in the center and then sealed the two sides and baked them in the oven.

They were just "ok".   Mostly because of my mistakes though.  I didn't roll out the dough thin enough.   I didn't let the dough sit and become more "unified".   I didn't use enough jam.  The ones that I used applesauce in were not sweet enough - there is no sugar in the dough.   But I will try again.  A friend gave me another recipe which I am going to try maybe in a couple of weeks.   But I did get some sweet time with my little helper.   Wouldn't your baking be so much more fun with this one at your elbows?

No comments:

Post a Comment