Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Learning your letters

I've been doing a very informal schooling with Abby.  Basically, she is learning all the time but we've tried working on identifying and writing the letters 'A' and 'B'.   We made pretzels last week and shaped them into her name  (Interesting how they each got bigger, huh?)  As we drive in the car or walk along, Abby can pick out the different letters, especially 'A'.   Sometimes I wonder if she is learning and if I should be doing more but then she'll say something that completely blows me away with her comprehension of the world around her.  I think for now, I'll just continue working on letters and allow her to enjoy figuring out the world around her.

1 comment:

  1. I love Abby's letters! What a fun idea to use pretzels. We're going through the alphabet in our little "Monday School" I'm participating in with a few other homeschool moms. I go through phases when I'm filled with guilt at not doing anything more "formal" then I remind myself that she's not even three yet and is finding so much joy in the world around her! I just read her lots of books and let her help in the kitchen...she'll get more formal in a year or so :-) Childhood is to quick, anyway.

    ReplyDelete