I wish I had taken some pictures of this process - maybe next time.
Grilled pizza tastes great but don't make it for company the first time you try it. (Unless you have adventurous company). I think it will take some tweaking to get it just right.
A couple of things we learned the hard way
1) Make sure you only have one level to your grill. We had the upper wire on and it got in the way of flipping the pizza.
2) Heat up some olive oil with garlic. Then baste onto the top of the rolled out dough. Place this side face down on the grill. Spread olive oil on the new top. Allow crust to bubble up and get brown. Then flip it over.
3) Have your sauce and toppings READY!!!! You have to get them on right away since the crust cooks so fast. Have your grill at the lowest setting and cook until the cheese melts.
4) Don't roll your crust too thin - it will burn.
5) If any toppings need to be cooked, do it ahead of time.
We made two different kinds tonight. The first was meat (bacon, salami and pepperoni). The second one was a veggie, pesto pizza. I broiled the veggies ahead of time so that I could just put them on the crust. Totally girly and totally yummy. Pesto, pine nuts, carrots, zucchini, squash, red onion, feta and mozarella cheese.
I probably left something out so please ask if you have any questions.