Chocolate Mini Bundt Cakes (This recipe came from alpineberry.blogspot.com)
This recipe is actually pretty easy and tastes divine!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 ounces (1 stick/8 tbsp) unsalted butter, softened at room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 7 ounces good quality* milk chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Generously butter a 6-mold mini bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add egg and beat for 1 minute more, then beat in the vanilla.
- On low speed, add half the flour mixture and mix only until it is incorporated. Add in the milk and mix until just blended. Then add the remaining flour mixture and mix only until it is incorporated. Blend in the melted chocolate.
- Divide batter evenly among the 6 molds. Bake at 350F until cake tester comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan. Then remove the mini bundt cakes from pan and cool to room temperature before glazing.
To make glaze:
Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in the microwave on low. Stir in corn syrup. Spread glaze or drizzle over cakes. Allow glaze to set at room temperature, about 15 minutes.
You can skip the chocolate glaze and just dust the mini bundts with powdered sugar.